Skowhegan Savings's annual scholarship program awards seven $2,000 scholarships to graduating seniors attending high schools in the following regions served by Skowhegan Savings Bank.
2020 Application Deadline: April 1st, 2020
- Region 1: Two (2) $2,000 scholarships are available to graduating high school seniors attending Mt. Blue High School, Mt. Abram Regional High School and Rangeley Lakes Regional High School.
- Region 2: Two (2) $2,000 scholarships are available to graduating high school seniors attending Cony High School, Dexter Regional High School, Lawrence High School and Maine Central Institute.
- Region 3: Three (3) $2,000 scholarships are available to graduating high school seniors attending Forest Hills Consolidated School, Madison Area Memorial High School, Upper Kennebec Valley Senior High School and Skowhegan Area High School.
Program Guidelines & Priorities
- Seeking graduating seniors with a record of volunteerism in the community in non-school sponsored activities.
- Seeking graduating seniors who make a positive contribution to their school community through participation in extracurricular school activities.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and plan to attend a 2 or 4 year college.
- Scholarship funds will be paid in December or January for the second semester of the student’s first year directly to the college and not to the student. It will be the student’s responsibility to submit to Skowhegan Savings Bank at that time, an invoice for second semester tuition and fees, student ID number and college information along with evidence of student’s good standing.
- Applicants must have the endorsement of their Guidance Counselor on their application attesting they are a qualified fit for this scholarship program. Skowhegan Savings strongly suggests that each high school present this opportunity to the strongest applicants that match this program’s guidelines. Application deadline is April 1st. Students should submit their applications to their Guidance Counselor with guidance departments sending the applications to the address listed below. Late applications are not accepted.
- Applicants must also have a letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, other school staff or employer.
Mail or email one copy of a completed, typed application package to:
(This includes application with sign-off by Guidance Department, essay, resume, letter of recommendation and school transcript.)
Skowhegan Savings Bank
c/o Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 250
Skowhegan, ME 04976
Please submit any questions to: email@example.com